About Hospice Volunteering
A Hospice Volunteer is an important asset to the Hospice team. They offer the companionship, and warmth that sometimes the patients in hospice are in most need of. The presence of a volunteer can drastically change the atmosphere within a patients home. Whether it is simply helping in preparing their next meal, or sitting down to play a game of chess, a volunteer’s presence makes a huge impact in this difficult stage of a patients life.
Lend a helping hand, be that support to the one who is not only hurting physically, but emotionally—from loneliness, or even past regrets they may be reliving. And you will undoubtably gain a better understanding and perspective of life, and what really matters.
Some Responsibilities of a Hospice Volunteer
- Be a friend/listening ear.
- Run errands/Personal Care Appointments
- Prepare meals and assist patient with eating if needed
- Help tidy up the house
- Transport the patient to their doctor’s appointments
- Provide comfort and support
- Play a favorite board or card game
- Help the patient’s caregiver with their errands and other daily tasks
- Inform hospice staff of the patients’ needs
Serving the communities of Sacramento, Fair Oaks, Folsom & surrounding
If you're interested in becoming a hospice volunteer for RCHC,
please give us a call at 916-858-1440 or email our
Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com